If you are searching for a solid car seat that will last your child a long time, the Graco 4Ever Convertible Car Seat is a great investment. My daughter started using it as a one-year-old and it is comfortable enough for her to go on long road trips.
Why We Love This Car Seat
- Car seat grows with your child, from infant to 10 years old so you don’t have to buy more car seats for each stage of development
- Side-impact protection – Steel frame and sides of headrest protect your child in the event of a car crash
- Powerful testimonials – There are several reviews on Amazon where parents posted pictures of their car crash and stated that this car seat saved their child’s life.
- No-thread headrest – It is a pain to rethread the buckle straps of a car seat when your child outgrows the shoulder belt line. With this car seat, you just pull the headrest up to adjust the length of the straps.
- Machine washable seat cushion – Goldfish crackers, puffs, all end up on this car seat. We haven’t had to wash it yet but I like that the cover is machine washable.
- Removable cup holders – It’s a nice touch for the car seat to have easy-to-clean cup holders.
- Child’s head can dip down when sleeping—this car seat is probably not a good choice for babies younger than 1 year old.
- Very heavy car seat – you won’t be switching this car seat from car to car very often. It’s heavy enough that it will need to stay permanently in whatever car you choose. Also, you will need to get something like a GoGo Babyz stroller cart to wheel it around the airport if you travel.
- Higher price point ($270-300.)
Specifications from Manufacturer
- 4 in 1 car seat changes from infant rear-facing harness (4-40 lb) to toddler forward-facing harness (20-65 lb), to youth high back booster (30-100 lb) and finally to a backless booster (40-120 lb)
- InRight™ LATCH system for an easy, one-second LATCH attachment
- Side-impact tested (In addition to meeting or exceeding all applicable US safety standards, the Graco® 4Ever™ car seat has been side impact tested for occupant retention solely with the built-in 5-point harness system.)
- Steel-reinforced frame provides strength and durability
- Easy-to-read level indicator helps eliminate rear-facing installation guesswork
- Engineered & crash tested to meet or exceed US standard FMVSS 213
Where to Buy
We chose to buy our car seat from BuyBuyBaby because it was slightly cheaper at the time and we wanted to be able to return the car seat to a physical store if something was wrong with it.
Car Seat Installation Video
We found this Graco 4Ever car seat installation video on YouTube to be very helpful.
The dad in the video explains how to properly install the car seat and change the seat to a booster when your child is old enough.